LEGAL & PRIVACY
When we refer to your information, we are referring to your personal information (as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) and other information about you.
The kind of information we collect and hold about you
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold different information about you. Generally, this will be information that is needed to facilitate bookings and for you to use our services and products. For example, this may include:
- your name, date of birth, home or mailing address, telephone and email contact details;
- financial information, such as your credit card details;
- health information; and
- information about how you use our services and products.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you or your representatives (for example, where you provide information to us or our representatives on the telephone or in person, when you register and / or purchase our services and products online);
- from third parties such as our business partners, subcontractors and other service providers;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- from our records and databases.
How we hold your information
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosure. When your financial details (such as a credit card number) are transmitted from our website to a third party website, they are protected through the use of encryption technology.
However, as the internet is not always secure, we cannot be responsible for the security of information you transmit over the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
How we use your information
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to provide our services and products to you (including related information), to assist you with enquiries or purchases, or to improve our customer service;
- to administer and manage the services and products we provide to you, including for billing and account purposes;
- to improve or develop our services and products, or to perform research and analysis;
- to verify your identity or conduct appropriate credit and fraud checks; and
- as permitted or required by law.
How we disclose your information
We may disclose your information to:
- your authorised representatives;
- our related companies, our business partners and our third party service providers;
- credit-reporting bodies and fraud checking agencies;
- third parties who assist us in managing, marketing or developing our business; and
- as permitted or required by law.
In some cases we may disclose or give access to your information to our service providers who are located outside of Australia, but only to the extent they need such information to do their job. For example, we may disclose your information to our service providers (such as Amazon) who are located in countries such as the United States of America.
We may also use your information so that we, our related companies, and other business partners and service providers can promote and market products, services and special offers, and advise you of news and industry updates, events, reports and other information that we think will be of interest to you. This marketing may be carried in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, social media or via our website) and may continue after you cease acquiring any services or products from us until you opt-out by contacting us on 02 8002 1394 or by email at [email protected]
How to assess or correct your personal information
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that personal information, please contact us using the contact details set out below. We may charge you an administrative fee for providing access to your personal information in response to a request.
How to contact us or make a privacy complaint
If we are unable to resolve any complaints you may have, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 992 or visiting www.oaic.gov.au.